As the Missouri river swells between Omaha and Council Bluffs, we have a unique opportunity to watch a major flood event slowly develop into a major emergency. This also gives us a highly unique opportunity to become incredibly prepared for this impending disaster. Sue Pitts at the Iowa Western Community College (IWCC) Small Business Development Center (SBDC) has identified some ideas and resources to help your business stay in business, even if your operations are washed downstream.
- Assess critical functions and employees
- Identify critical customers and vendors
- Plan for alternative work space
- Have essentials ready to move QUICK!
- Discuss this plan with your employees
- Branstad says integrity of levees a concern (thegazette.com)